The CT Block Party Young Donor Grant is a program created to guide students to become young philanthropist.
We are looking for students with a passion for changing their community! The CT Block Party aims to develop lifelong philanthropists and we are excited to work with you to become an educated donor.
The CT Block Party invites Connecticut middle and high school students to apply for community grants of $500.
- must be a student between 6th and 12th grades
- must live or go to school in Connecticut
- must identify and research an organization which is important to you
- Only one application per household will be accepted.
The CT Block Party provides donations of up to $500 to 501(c)(3) organizations that support our local community. Only one donation per organization will be gifted per application cycle.
What type of organizations are eligible?
Qualifying organizations must:
- Be an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) not-profit organization,
- Provide services within the state of Connecticut,
- Have not been chosen during this granting cycle
Charities to which we have given grants:
- Daniel Trust
- Al's Angels
- CT Partnership for Children
- Back to School Shop
- Young Life FFLD
- CT Center for Survivorship
- Big B/Big S SWCT
- Weston Warm-Up Fund
How do i get started?
- Complete the following information to let us know which organization you would like to support.
- Wait for our response - we will contact you to send you the full grant application
What are the next steps?
Once we receive your letter of interest we will get back to you! You will be assigned a Mentor to help throughout this process. We will let you know if the organization you requested is available for you to research. Again, please remember that only one donation will be made per organization per cycle. If your first or second choice in organization is not available your mentor can help identify another organization.
We will then send you the application to begin the research process.